Re: [MacPerl] Wanted sample CW Module Project

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Rene' Laterveer wrote:

> I tried the mentioned tutorial but could not get things to work.
> I use CW Pro 5. The compiler was complaining about multiple redefinitions on
> some things in the sfio library of Perl.

Probably the order in which the Access Paths were placed.  Remeber, too,
warnings are just warnings.  I hope to add a little more troubleshooting
info to the tutorials, when I get a bit of time.

> I would appreciate receiving a CW Pro5 XML export file to know the right
> project settings.

I have placed the XML file at
<ftp://home.mindspring.com/users/mlangford/Parser_XS.proj.xml>

Let me know what happens with the xml import, as I've never tried the
process on another machine.

> Is downloading the MacPerl Src distribution enough, or should I build
> MacPerl as well to compile a XS module?

Just having the src is enough.  When compiling an XS module, you will link
against various header files in the source distribution.

You probably wouldn't be able to build MacPerl, AFAIK, because it requires
old Codewarrior libs, an eye of newt, the wart of an ogre, etc.

This should change RSN.  (He says, hopefully, glancing at Cupertino, from
whence the 5.6 manna might fall.)

--
MattLangford