Re: [MacPerl] InternetConfig

On 04/15/2000 at 8:47 AM, pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor) wrote:

> for (split //, $badpass) {
>     $goodpass .= chr(ord($_) ^ (++$i + 0x55));
> }

Ooh!  Very concise!  My version is shameful by comparison (I won't even post it,
I'm so ashamed ;-).  Of course my variable names differ, but the main thing is
forgetting I can increment $i within the equation.  Okay, I really DID forget my
password...  Ever since Emailer died (unsupported, it has y2k bugs), I've been
running trial versions of various mail clients (the big ones, Eudora and OE
require newer versions of the Mac OS than I own at the moment).  I actually have
multiple passwords for multiple accounts, so it's no big deal if I forget one
now and then.

Of course, I need a permanent use for the code, but I suspect that I'm going to
be forever unhappy with all the Mac email clients I find.  I may just roll my
own solution in Perl, and of course using InternetConfig is high on my list of
valuable features.  I need fairly advanced filtering capabilities (what I
wouldn't give to be able to filter my POP3 box using Perl!), redirects, multiple
accounts....  Big list, not to important here.

--B

Brian McNett, Webmaster/MacPerl Guru