Re: [MacPerl] InternetConfig

brianmc@telebyte.net (Brian McNett) wrote:
>Okay, I really DID forget my password...  Ever since Emailer died
>(unsupported, it has y2k bugs), I've been running trial versions of
>various mail clients (the big ones, Eudora and OE require newer
>versions of the Mac OS than I own at the moment).  I actually have
>multiple passwords for multiple accounts, so it's no big deal if I
>forget one now and then.

I've been using Keychain to store my passwords, even when the application in
question doesn't support it.  There's a program out there called PasswordSaver
that can add passwords (or padlock combinations, or whatever) directly to the
Keychain.

>Of course, I need a permanent use for the code, but I suspect that I'm
>going to be forever unhappy with all the Mac email clients I find.  I
>may just roll my own solution in Perl, and of course using
>InternetConfig is high on my list of valuable features.  I need fairly
>advanced filtering capabilities (what I wouldn't give to be able to
>filter my POP3 box using Perl!), redirects, multiple accounts....  Big
>list, not to important here.

If you need all that stuff (plus really good Applescript integration, including
scriptable filtering) and you don't need speed, give Mailsmith a try.
http://www.barebones.com/products/msmith/msmith.html

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum