[MacPerl] sorting multidimensional hashes

I'm in the process of turning a quote website from static html into a database.
So far I've gotten it into a tab/newline delimmited flat db. e.g.

name	Seneca
category    roman
quote	Non ille diu vixit, sed diu fuit.
translation  He did not live for a long time, but he lasted for a long time.

which I can easily figure out how to parse into an array of hashes (i.e. @db ->
$db[unique quote number]{name, category...} = data) I'm wondering how I could go
about sorting this via the key (as 'name' or 'category'); or if there's a better
way to get the same result?

le meas,
--nick