Re: [MacPerl] trouble copying file contents

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Paul Schinder wrote:

> It's pretty trusting of you to rely on read getting the number of
> bytes you asked for.  If I were you, I'd check the return value of
> read, to make sure you're getting what you asked for.

Thanks for pointing this out.  For a programming novice such as myself
this is helpful advice.

> >	print TARGETFILE $data;
>
> Similarly, print will tell you if it succeeded.

It turns out that this is where the problem was.  Perhaps it was just
because it was the end of a very long day, that I forgot that I had a temp
file and a file on disk, which together exceeded that disks capacity.
Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

thanks again,

dave