[MacPerl] Perl Filter Demos?

BBEdit (a fine GUI-based text editor for Macs) is capable of running
MacPerl-based filters on selected text.  I understand that some other
editors (e.g., vim) also have this capability.

I would love to have some intriguing demo filters on hand at WWDC (the
Apple World Wide Developers Conference) in a week or so.  They should
have a strong "Gee Whiz!" factor.  It would also be nice if they can
be explained to mortal programmers...

Does anyone feel like suggesting (or even coding up :-) something?

-r
--
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com