Re: [MacPerl] Sorry, I feel like I'm spamming

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 02:18:46AM +0000, Sveinbjorn Thordarson wrote:
> Sorry, I really feel like I'm spamming you guys....but here comes
> another question.
>
> I'm trying to draw an image from a resource (PICT) into a mac window.
> I'm trying to use the DrawPicture PICT command but I get this all the time:
>
> # Usage: Mac::QuickDraw::DrawPicture(myPicture, dstRect).
> File 'MacOS:Desktop Folder:resource.pl'; Line 46
>
> What is the dstRect?  In what form do I write it?  I have to write the
> rects for the image, right? But in what form? (x, y, a, b) doesn't seem
> to be doing it!

I've never used the module, but here's what the documentation says about
rects:

Rect

  A rectangle, featuring the following fields

    short   top
    short   left
    short   bottom
    short   right
    Point   topLeft
    Point   botRight

  new Rect [LEFT [, TOP [, RIGHT [, BOTTOM]]]]
  new Rect TOPLEFT [,BOTRIGHT]

    Create a new rectangle from either coordinates or points.

So, you probably want to declare a new Rect, and then use it as the second
argument to DrawPicture().

Ronald