Re: [MacPerl] Sorry, I feel like I'm spamming

>From: Ronald J Kimball <rjk@linguist.dartmouth.edu>

> So, you probably want to declare a new Rect, and then use it as the second
> argument to DrawPicture().

Or you can create the rect in code within the argument itself:

sub draw_it {
my($p, $r);
  {
  local $/;  # slurp mode /
  open(PICT, "somefile.pict") or die $!;
  $p = PicHandle->new(substr(<PICT>, 512));
  $r = $p->picFrame();
  DrawPicture($p, OffsetRect($r,
   ($r->left()), ($r->top())
   ));

The first 512 bytes of a PICT file are either file information, or more
usually, null data.  The graphic itself begins after this offset.  If you
are reading from a PICT resource, you don't need the offset.

As I'm not likely to define a seperate DrawPicture(), I usually invoke:

use Mac::Windows;
use Mac::QuickDraw;

You'll need both Mac::Windows, and Mac::Quickdraw

--B

--
Webmaster/MacPerl Guru