Re: [MacPerl] Newbie CGI Questions

>     I'm executing the following at my Web location
>>http://www.devdrvr.net/unfetm/Feedback.html and getting a 404 error.
> I think >the problem is that the sample I'm using is for the Mac and
>I need to execute >and put one on my server that is Apache specific
>because that is the machine >I'm using as a server in LA.

Did you save the script your trying to use on unix/Apache as a cgi from
MacPerl? that won't work, MacPerl makes some kind of app or something
out of it when saving as cgi, just save it as text.

>If I do this and put the above in my browser go
>to line will the .cgi execute or is there more that I need to do?  The
>example >CGIs have a Apache one pre-done for me so to start I don't
>have to save it

>myself in MacPerl as a .cgi.  Second question, if I do want to use
>MacPerl can >I save as .cgi and use the proper Unix directives and
>have it work on an Apache >server or do I have to use a Linux box and
>Perl there to do this correctly.

No and no, you can't use a script saved as cgi, on unix, hmm I guess
I've already said that;). Save the script as text and it will run
happily on your unix server, no need to use unix at all.

--
regards,
Martin