[MacPerl] Is this Possible? MacPerl, ODBC, ProxyServer, and Filemaker Pro

Here is the chain of communication I am trying to achieve:

(Unix Server) DBD::Proxy => (Macintosh) DBI::ProxyServer =>
(Macintosh) DBD::ODBC => (Macintosh) Filemaker Pro ODBC interface

I read in a few places how piece of this might work, but I am concerned with
the whole puzzle.  Before I begin on the task of implementing this, I
thought someone could tell me if this is even possible?

can it be done?

thanks in advance,

steve