[MacPerl] Password Code

Hello List
I am new to Perl but, not to programming.
I am making some admin controls in MacPerl to work as a CGI.
I want the program to administer random passwords (without duplicating them), be able to then go to a HTML form page use the password to get into a location on the server. Also eventually I want to be able to put a time limit on the passwords of say 30 days or so. Any helpful information or URLS would be much appreciated.
Thanks Steve

Vargas Media
www.vargasmedia.com
vmedia@vargasmedia.com