Re: [MacPerl] Filemaker Pro DB

Hello Martijn,

the choices not considering AppleScript are:
1) ODBC
I haven't had enough time to investigate this further. Please look
around.
A sub question is whether the ODBC access is also possible from remote
machines.

2) text files
If you don't have to have online access you could easily export the
FMPro
data to a text file and work on this.

3) http
FMPro 5 can make its data available through http access.
Try to use the perl module LWP as http client.
A question here certainly is performance.

Please let us know if you have success.

OTH you may have to struggle with AppleScript or AppleEvents.
It's hard, I know, but is supported and quite fast.

Regards,
Axel