Re: [MacPerl] Filemaker Pro DB

At 7:29 -0400 2000.09.14, Richard Michaud wrote:
>Are there any DBDs for the Mac?  It would be a shame to have DBI ported
>without any DBDs. :(

There are only a small handful.  DBD::CSV is one.

But DBI on the Mac can access vritually any DBD anyway, using DBD::Proxy.

    http://pudge.net/macperl/

There is a short tutorial to using DBD::Proxy there.  The idea is that
almost any database you would want to access will be a remote database
anyway; so instead of connecting directly to it, connect to a
DBI::ProxyServer program on the remote box using DBD::Proxy on the Mac.

All that said, MacSQL Monitor was just released with shared MySQL and mSQL
client libraries, and it is probably possible to create DBDs for these.  I
tried once and failed (I think there were incompatible versions expected,
or something).  I am unable to try again for now (I was a victim of the
MacSQL Monitor disk corruption problem mentioned on the MacSQL Monitor
homepage, which is in the process of being fixed).

    http://www.rtlabs.com/

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/