[MacPerl] MacPerl plan for OSX

I just installed the Mac OS X  Beta and I first just have to say.....wow!
This is really really a more powerful OS than I conceived of.   I never go a
chance to try out  the DP4 version.  I can now see what I was missing.  The
only issue I can see currently is performance (well once compatibility is
solved).  But...I'm entering this email from Outlook Express running in the
Classic compatibility environment.

Anyhow, I ramble...The main reason for this email from the world of OS X, is
that I noticed that OS X has a BSD port of Perl 5.006 preinstalled.
Whether this will be in the final consumer version, I'm not sure, but...it
does raise a question I have (if it hasn't been already).  What is to become
of MacPerl?

If it could be transitioned to work with the other environment that would be
nice --  but for the development team, I have another suggestion.  Make a
Perl development environment instead.  It  would go a long way bringing the
Mac Editor ease-of-us with a built-in debugger and compiler.

Just some thoughts...

Regards,

Rick Michaud