[MacPerl] X! Don't talk about X! =)

Hi there,

"Carl K. Cunningham" wrote:

> >> What I'd like to know is whether or not Perl/Tk will be supported.
> >>

> > It would probably take about as much work to port Tk to Quartz (the
> > OS-X imaging model) as it would take to port Tk to the Mac
> > Toolbox. Neither look like the X Window API that Tk was originally
> > designed for.
>
> That's pretty much what I expected. I have a DP4 version of OS-X
installed,
> and as far as I know, there is no integrated X-Server.

And why should it be?  X sucks, it's sloooooow, I use the console,
thanx!
Apple would lose all their marketshare if they even dared to associate
themselves
with the bloated and absolutely unusable X, which is a recipe for a
frustrating
user experience.  =)

The MOSX Beta is pretty slow too, on a 450Mhz G4

Cheers, just my 2 cents on X

Sveinbjorn Thordarson

PS:  By the way, I've put a few of my mediocre MacPerl apps on the net
if
anybody is
interested.  I built them with a lot of help from this mailing
list....so
maybe someone
can muster enough interest to actually download them.  Its
http://www.tolvukaup.is/mac/macperl-en.html