Re: [MacPerl] Re: [MacPerl-Porters] [Bug] Icon Suites

On 2:41 PM 9/14/00 robinmcf@altern.org wrote:

> > Jim Correia wrote:
> >The icon suites in the MacPerl application are incomplete.
>
> >It won't be instantaneous since I will have to draw the small icons
> >from the bigger ones.  I a software guy and a physicist, not an icon
> >artist :-)
>
> this kind of discovery is what Italians call 'Scoprire l'acqua calda'
>
> - there are plenty of freeware progs around that will automaticaly
> make a suite of icons for you, you just need to copy one icon
> prototype and the prog does the rest including resizing, grayscale,
> system colour.

The problem is that simply scaling the icons won't necessarily product
something pretty.  They need to be tweaked by hand afterwards.

> Just out of interest what does Bare Bones use to create its icons for
> BBedit?  maybe they already have one laying around............

I edit them all by hand in a hex editor :-)

--
Jim Correia                                Bare Bones Software, Inc.
correia@barebones.com                     <http://web.barebones.com>