Re: [MacPerl] how to change default memory size of .cgi's created by MacPerl?

>Topic pretty much says it all .. I'm assuming one would use resedit?
>
>I just need to know where to look. :)

If you mean where do you set memory in Mac OS 9, it's the same place as
Mac OS 8 and earlier, just hidden one level deeper: command-i (or
menu->file->get info) to get the information window, then (new for 9)
select "memory" from the drop-down menu in the upper part of the
information window.

If you _really_ want to go to the trouble of using resedit, I suppose you
can play with the SIZE resources directly. I generally don't, myself.
Just do cmd-i. (Or the compiler settings when building apps in C.)

In Mac OS X, this is apparently irrelelvant. -- But I wonder where they
are hiding the swap file(s), and what the memory information in the
system profiler output is. --

If you are trying to set the size of a script saved as text, you would
rather change the memory settings for MacPerl itself, I suppose.

(I wonder why there are no vers resources in the droplets and cgis.)

Joel Rees