Re: [MacPerl] Unicode-String?

At 5:35 PM -0400 9/12/00, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 15:34 -0700 2000.09.11, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>>Has anyone ported the Unicode-String module to the Mac? It's got a
>>dreaded .xs file as part of the package.
>
>It is with all of the other prebuilt binary extensions:
>
>     http://pudge.net/mmp/

Thanks, Chris. After loading it, however, I get an error in checking
the program that I have included it in. The invocation is:

     use Unicode::String qw(utf8 ucs4 utf16);

The error is:

File "Macintosh HD:Applications:MacPerl Ÿ:lib:DynaLoader.pm"; Line
172:  Can't load 'Macintosh HD:Applications:MacPerl
Ÿ:site_perl:MacPPC:auto:Unicode:String:String' for module
Unicode::String: # DynaLoader error [-43, String].

The comment in DynaLoader above this line says:

     # Many dynamic extension loading problems will appear to come from
     # this section of code: XYZ failed at line 123 of DynaLoader.pm.
     # Often these errors are actually occurring in the initialisation
     # C code of the extension XS file. Perl reports the error as being
     # in this perl code simply because this was the last perl code
     # it executed.

So, I'm assuming there is C problem. Any idea how to continue?

--Paul Hoffman