Re: [MacPerl] Windows using?

10/11/00 9:33 PM Sveinbjorn Thordarson paladeen@soth.zoneit.com:

>"Scott R. Godin" wrote:
>
>> on 10/11/2000 06:12 PM, Martijn Houtman at tinus@tinus.eu.org wrote:
>>
>> > Yeah, in MacOS you can set the memory used for a program. Close macperl,
>find
>> > the dir it's in and right click on the program. Goto info and set the
>memory
>> > used there. If i remember correctly, cause i have no mac at home right
now.

>> > Martijn
>>
>> been using windows too much lately? did I hear you say "right-click" ? heh
>
>I use a Mac for all my work, but I detest Apple's single button policy.  I
>use a
>cordless, 4-button Logitech MouseMan with a scrollwheel.......right
>clicking is
>not a PC-only thing, I assure you.  If only more people with Macs were to
>see the
>superiority of multi-button mice.

The superiority of a multi-button mouse is such falicy it isn't even
funny.  If you kept a log of how many left-clicks vs. how many
right-clicks you might be amazed on how much of a difference there is.
The fact is, Apple made it a single button to make the machine easier to
use by all people.  I can only tell you the number of times I have
accidently "mis-clicked" the wrong button.  And I have been using the Mac
since its conception in '84.

Also, as far as the Getting of the Memory info, my suggestion is instead
of going all the way to the File menu, my suggestion is using the old
fashioned Command-I.  It'll take you to the right window to set Memory
partitions.

Sorry about the bit of "Mouse-war (?)".

Mike Eggleston