[MacPerl] Reply about Logitech cordless multi-button mice

Hi again

I connected the cordless Logitech MouseMan wheel with a USB-PS/2 converter
called Y-Mouse from P.I. Engineering.  I use USB Overdrive Extension to make use
of the additional buttons and scroll wheel, although Logitech has its own Mac
drivers.   Thus I can make use of 2 PS/2 devices, which, in my case, happen to
be a cordless keyboard and mouse which would otherwise be inaccessible to me.

In regard to multi-button mice, I'm not denying that at first they are somewhat
confusing.  But when you get used to them, you subconsciously know exactly what
button does what and I spare myself a lot keyboard-button pressing.  My setup is
like this:

Left Button  = Single Click
Middle Button = DoubleClick + Option    (VERY convenient for hiding apps when
jumping between and preventing windows cluttering up)
Right Button = Control-Click
4th Button under curve = Command-Click(Holds Down).

This is a very convenient and efficient setup.  The middle button is actually
also a scroll wheel which I can adjust the speed of:  perfect for viewing
documents.  My efficiency and speed when using the computer increased
considerably after I dumped the hopeless hockey puck mouse.  ;)   No flames,
plz.  ;)

Cheers,

Sveinbjorn Thordarson

PS:  Sorry I'm off topic.