Re: [MacPerl] Windows using?

on 10/12/2000 12:33 AM, Sveinbjorn Thordarson at paladeen@soth.zoneit.com
wrote:

> I use a Mac for all my work, but I detest Apple's single button policy.  I use
> a cordless, 4-button Logitech MouseMan with a scrollwheel.......right
> clicking is not a PC-only thing, I assure you.  If only more people with Macs
> were to see the superiority of multi-button mice.

There's a reason for it.. keep it simple -- the button is your 'finger'.

I definitely see the advantages of multi-button mice, and they *are*
available for those people who see the need for it, but as a Tech person who
fixes macs for a living, I can assure you that for every person that wants
extra buttons, there's another 40 people who barely know the ins-and-outs of
computers, period, who would just be confused by more buttons, and really
really prefer the ease-of-use in the default mouse.

control-clicking isn't THAT hard, is it? :) it's never ever ever bothered me
in nearly 15 years of owning and using macs exclusively. (not having more
buttons)