[MacPerl] we're back (I think)

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've been off the air since October
20 (with two very short periods of connectivity in between).

On Friday Oct. 20, while we were out of town, our boot drive crashed
(irretrievably). Sometime later that day our net connection went out. Over
the weekend and the next few days we rebuilt the system; upgraded to FreeBSD
4.1; got the net connected; lost the net again ...

Over the next two (two :-/ weeks we had people out from Sprint/WavePath
trying to give us net connectivity.

In the meantime, we rebuilt the system. We had been running FreeBSD 2.x. The
binary formats have changed (or some shared library stuff has changed) since
then, so all of our C binaries in /usr/local/bin don't work under the new
regime. It turns out that one very small part of the Majordomo suite is a C
binary. (I really hate C).

It hasn't been much fun.

I think we're back.

Sorry for the silence.

- Vicki
Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>   ZZZz  |\     _,,,---,,_   P.O. Box 1269
Journeyman Sourceror:           zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  San Bruno, CA
Scripts & Philtres (Perl, Unix)   |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'  94066   USA
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb         '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)  +1-650-873-7842