Re: [MacPerl] Mac::Glue error handlers

On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:05:41 -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:

>I think this would make it better.  Thoughts?  The big problem I have here
>is changing the public interface, especially since we are already at a 1.00
>release.

Your function can accept both. It is pretty common in functions in
modules, to check the type of arguments argument, and act accordingly.

What is the first parameter, the "glue object"? Is it an object? I don't
know, I haven't actually ever *done* anything with this module, yet. I
haven't had the time for it.  :-(

Anyway, if the first argument is an unblessed hash (not an object), then
you've been passed data "by name".

	if(ref($_[0] eq 'HASH')) {
		# it's a hash
	} else {
	     # it's something elese
	}

Even if your glue object is based upon a hash, ref($glue) won't return
"HASH".

--
	Bart.