Re: [MacPerl] BBEdit Extension

At 23:01 -0800 2000.11.19, David J. Iberri wrote:
>>> I'm not familiar with the software.  What does it allow you to do that a
>>> perl filter doesn't?
>>>

>> Actually, I think he read something old about this. I remember seeing
>> a reference somewhere, but it was from back in the BBE 4.x period
>> IIRC...
>
>Thanks for the clarification... I've been using BBE 5.0 for a while, but
>still hadn't looked over all of its features (e.g. perl filters) when I read
>a short -- and apparently outdated -- article on Matthias' BBEdit Extension,
>which provides the same functionality of the more current perl filters.

The BBEdit MacPerl Extension allows you to save MacPerl scripts as BBEdit
extensions.  Here's an example I have:

#!perl
use Pudge::Sig;
use Mac::BBEdit;
$sig = new Pudge::Sig;
$mess = GetWindowContents $ARGV[1];
$mess =~ s/\s+$//;
SetWindowContents($ARGV[1],"${mess}\n\n${sig}");

__END__

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/