Re: [MacPerl] A problem with mail

At 14:10 +0100 2000.11.21, Thomas Wegner wrote:
>>I've just tried to install Graham Barr's "MailTools-1.1002" from the
>>MacPerl CD-ROM. I dropped the "Mail" folder into my "site_perl"
>>folder. "Mail" contains both "Header.pm" and "Internet.pm".

><http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/authors/id/CNANDOR/> ). Internet.pm
>uses auto loaded methods (every sub after the magic __END__). During
>the installation process, the installer will take care that all of
>these auto loaded methods will be written as a xxx.al file to the
>:site_perl:auto:Mail:Internet: folder (notice the Autosplit lines in
>the MacPerl window during installation). In your installation, the
>file 'smtpsend.al' (the .al file for the smtpsend sub) is missing --
>and that's what the error message says.
>
>You may want to do the autosplitting by hand (but I don't recommend
>that). The following script will do the job (please specify full
>paths; see AutoSplit.pm for details):
>
>___________
>#! perl
>
>use AutoSplit;
>autosplit("IntHD:Languages:MacPerl Ÿ:site_perl:Mail:Internet.pm",
>	"IntHD:Languages:MacPerl Ÿ:site_perl:auto:", 0, 1, 0);

Note that the MacPerl book (the companion to the CD-ROM :) has complete
directions for installing the modules the old way, including how to do the
AutoSplit part.

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/