Re: [MacPerl] A problem with mail

Thank you Adam! I've finally got things working!

Apparently I was compounding my problems. After I had installed
"cpan-mac" I dropped ungzipped, untarred "MailTools" and
"MIME-Base64" folders that I had downloaded from CPAN on "installme".
These files went into my "site_perl" folder with \012 line
separators. Paul Schinder picked up on that problem.

However I still had a problem after I had converted all files to Mac
line separators. The problem was with the sequence

   # create body
   $body = 'This is a test, ignore';
   # create mail object
   $mail = new Mail::Internet(undef, Header => $header, Body => \[$body]);

This comes directly from "perlfaq9.pod", but the back slash should
not be there. Body wants a reference to an array, not a reference to
a reference to an array. Your change straightened that out. Thanks!

Regards,

Vic