RE: [FWP] Puzzle - Temp file creation

> The question is more of what to do with
>
> 	"0.0.0"
>
> This isn't a number in some sense. Yet, $a="1.2.3"; ++$a will end up
> with 2.2. Though I'm hesitant if the correct answer should be "0.0.1" or
> 1.0.
>
> This should have some implications to automagic if the version numbers
> (dotted numbers) are implemented.
>
> <chaim>

This sounds like a job for _unary_autoincrment_ (remember - you heard it
hear first!).

so if
$a = "1.0"

while $a+ = 1.1

Right?

Of course if $a = "I", then $a++ = II while $a+ = I.i

As soon as I figure out the trinary increment I'll be back to claim the
Nobel in perl literature.

Mike

==== Send email to <fwp-request@technofile.org> with message _body_