Re: [FWP] CPAN _Rules_!

2000-01-06-15:23:28 Randal L. Schwartz:
> I knew what practically all of them meant.

Well, that's some comfort, but still, you're _Randal_.

> Now I'm more curious about *your* background that you would (a) be on FWP
> but (b) not know what these mean.

At the risk of being terribly, terribly rude[*], I can't resist laying out
my guesses; the exercise of writing up my response sorta gave me a mental
picture, like a photographic negative.

If he really doesn't know what any of those words meant (and isn't just
yanking my chain) I think that (a) he isn't an SA, (b) he doesn't work much on
Unix, and possibly (c) he might not be a native speaker of american english
(some of my usage was a bit arcane. Is. And ever shall be.).

This might make him a surprising person to find on FWP, if Perl weren't
enjoying some success in penetrating non-SA application domains on non-unix
platforms. Anybody, in any domain, can be expected to have trouble
understanding some of my more creative usage; it's just that I find writing
too boring to do purely correctly.

-Bennett

[*] Not, as most of you know, a risk I worry about nearly as much as I should.

PGP signature