Re: [MacPerl-Porters] New MacPerl build system now available!

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Larry Moore wrote:

> At 07:10 -0400 2/05/2000, Chris Nandor wrote:
> >At 22.17 -0400 2000.05.01, Larry Moore wrote:
> >>:miniperl -v
> >>
> >>This is perl, v5.6.0 built for Mac68K
> >
> >:D
> >
> >Did you get perl built, too?
> >
> >--
> >Chris Nandor       |     pudge@pobox.com      |     http://pudge.net/
> >Andover.Net        | chris.nandor@andover.net | http://slashcode.com/
>
> Still working on it ... have to admit that confidence is slowly creeping in.
> Well ... :miniperl -h works :-)
>
> UnPreload miniperl
> Since the make for UnPreload requires a compiler I don't have, Mathais
> advised it could be replaced by a dummy null program. Seems ok.
>
> I'm at this point ->
> :miniperl -w -I::lib -MExporter -e 0 || BuildProgram minitest
> :miniperl configpm
>
> This blows up and hangs. My copy of BuildProgram has a 13/06/99 timestamp
> and I *can't* remember where I got it from. BuildProgram isn't in the
> ftp.apple .../tools/ MPW directory. Advice or a work-around?

I think that both the BuildProgram and the BuildCommands tools
need to be replaced with the ones that came in the dmake kit.
Bear in mind that I could be wrong since I have not successfully
built perl (but I have built miniperl - all on a PPC).

Unfortunately neither the BuildProgram that came with dmake nor
the one that came with the Feb 2k GM MPW have a Version set:

VersionList BuildProgram

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# VersionList Report
# Report Date: 5/2/0
# Report Root: "Jellyfish:MPW-GM:MPW-GM:MPW:Tools:"

# File Name                         Version

# 0 files were found matching your description.
# A total of 66 files were found.

HTH

Peter Prymmer