Re: [MacPerl-Porters] line endings, spaces in names

On Sun, 7 May 2000, Matthew Langford wrote:

> I'm building MacPerl 5.6, and Hunk #1 failed while patching.  (Is this
> normal?)  Do I need to convert the line endings of the Perl 5.6
> distribution files to Mac, or is that handled transparently by MPW?

I cannot recall, but I do recall seeing plenty of noise in the patch
process.  I did note that the diff was done against a dirty build tree
hence there are many "Only in ..." type headings spread throughout the
patch file.  Just unpacking the kit (I used Stuffit expander) ought to
have set the line endings for you.

> I had to change BuildRules.mk to enclose the SFIO and GUSI includes in
> quotes, since I've placed them beside MPW on a path that contains spaces.

Cool.  Were those the *only* changes you had to make?  I thought I
had also seen trouble with the {CWD} in the Makefile.mk.

Peter Prymmer