RE: [MacPerl-Porters] On with the show; Volunteers Wanted!

At 11:37 -0700 9/05/2000, PVHP@forte.com wrote:
>Is {MPW}:Tools: in  your {Commands} path?
>What does either:

>Echo "{Commands}"

External_HD:MPW:Tools:

>or
>Set Commands

Set -e Commands External_HD:MPW:Tools:

>return?

># BuildProgram is missing
># BuildCommands is missing
># Count is missing
># DeRez is missing
># Gestalt is missing
># GetFileName is missing
># GetListItem is missing
>### Which - Command "MakeStub" was not found.
># File not found (OS error -43)
>### MPW Shell - Execution of `...` terminated.
>### MPW Shell - Execution of command terminated.
>### MPW Shell - Execution of input terminated.
>
>>Makestub is the only one actually missing.
>
>But I'd guess that {MPW}:Tools: is not listed in {Commands} hence
>Which cannot figure out what (e.g.) `which Gestalt` is.
>
>>I've been meaning to ask - what are the accent_ e characters in the ftp line?
>
>They should appear as Option-d chars before the slashes and I do not
>recall why they were put there except that perhaps they had offered trouble
>on some Echo command or Alert box in a previous version of the script.
>I simply left them in this time.
>
>Peter Prymmer

---
"the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can
suppose" -  Haldane
Larry Moore  Fergus On Canada N1M 1V7 ljmoore@freespace.net
http://freespace.net/~ljmoore/Larry_resume.html