[MacPerl-Porters] problems seeking within a file

Hi,

In going over the few remaining tests that need to be macified in :t:lib:
I was surprised by the failure of searchdict.t.  It turned out that if I
call:

    seek DICT,0,0;

after the initial open(DICT,"+>dict-$$"); that none of the tests pass.
In fact without my added seek call the Search::Dict.pm module does call
seek() on its own.  So far Ican get all 4 tests in searchdic.t to pass
but only if after the C<print DICT $DICT;> statement I close the DICT
filehandle then reopen it for read access.

Hence my question: does anyone else have an example of perl seek() code
working with 5.6.0?  Thanks.

Peter Prymmer