Re: [MacPerl-Porters] Configure.MPW now available in repackaged format(s)

In article <v04003a02b553777da92e@[209.112.24.210]>, Larry Moore <ljmoore@freespace.net> writes:

> At 09:31 -0700 23/05/2000, Prymmer/Kahn wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 May 2000, Larry Moore wrote:
>>>
>>> Except that when I ran all.out, it wanted :Dynaloader: dl_mpeix.xs .
>>> Strange.
>>
>> That is bizarre.

> It's from the Makefile.mk provided. I edited dl_mpeix.xs dl_mpeix.c out.

None of the :ext: directories "provide" Makefile.mk, AFAIK, it is always
generated by MakeMaker.

> I just finished the exercise of duplicting every GUSI:include:folder:header.h
> to make a corresponding GUSI:include:folder/header.h file.

Don't!

>  MrC and SC don't grok '/'s as folder separation.

Yes they do, provided you use a sufficiently recent version and the "-includes
unix" option.

> I'm trying the magic incantation that Arved provided to compile extensions
> using MrC/SC and shall let you know how that proceeds.

If you're building PPC and stright 68K, there should be no need for
"incantations", the build should work pretty straight out of the box (once you
are past the UnPreload snag).

>From what I've seen, you're trying to do a CFM68K build, which I wouldn't
recommend at the moment.

Matthias

  "And that's why I am going to turn this world upside down, and make
   of it a fire so *bright* that someone real will notice"
                                -- Vernor Vinge, _Tatja Grimm's World_