[MacPerl-WebCGI] - Basic encrytion techniques...

Hi,

I am sure this is a very basic question, but any pointers would be
appreciated. I want to create a database of clients for our site, storing
name, e-mail, company addresses etc, so that I can pre-fill form fields when
we get return customers. Obviously, I don't want to save these details as
plain text, and was wondering if anyone can point me towards any
resources/modules/etc which can help me encryt/decrypt the data, and also
advise me of any other security issues/techniques/stratagies I should be
considering.

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,

Richard