Re: [MacPerl-WebCGI] MacPerl and WebSTAR

on 9/7/00 7:02 AM, Thomas Wegner at toms_email@gmx.de wrote:

> If you would like to run CGI-scripts on your Mac at home

Thomas,

What a great answer you've provided here.  I can't wait to find the time to
try this out!

BTW, I called the people at WebStar to ask about using their server software
for developing on my desktop. I asked if I had to pay the full price for
WebStar if I did not use it to serve pages to the internet. Their support
person told me that I could download their demo at no charge and it would
work without limitations for 30 days, afterwhich it would work fine for 2
hours at a time. After 2 hours the server stops and requires the user to
anwser a simple question (2+2=?). Supply the answer and the server resumes
for another 2 hours. Plenty of time to test cgi's. Using WebStar this way
does not cost anything and provides plenty of time to learn how to shift all
the gears ;)

Thanks again for the great lesson Thomas!!
--

Bill Stephenson
www.SecureShopper.com