[MacPerl-WebCGI] Bingo

Brian & Chuck:

You were both right -- many thanks. Now, I can take over the world.

However, to take question with Chuck, I found using --

    "<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/hello.cgi"-->"

-- as compared to --

    "<!--#exec cgi="cgi-bin/hello.cgi"-->"

-- didn't make any difference as evidenced by --

    http://www.sperling.com/hello.shtml

  -- as compared to --

    http://www.sperling.com/hello2.shtml

However, I don't understand the difference in reference. My cursory
understanding is that using "cgi-bin/hello.cgi" means to look within
the current directory for "cgi-bin" whereas, using
"/cgi-bin/hello.cgi" suggests to me to look one level deeper?

In my readings, I have come to understand that Perl has some
interesting "search for the file" features and this may be an example
of it. Anyone care to elaborate as to what Perl does in searching
directories for referenced files? In other words, how close, or far,
must one be in reference to a file for your Perl program to find it?

Many thanks to all.

tedd

Chuck said:

>2 mistakes:
>(1) Change file handle to "http://www.sperling.com/hello.shtml".
>(2) Your path call should start with "/" as in
>"<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/hello.cgi"-->".
>Hint: "Always go to the source" -anonymous
>In this case the source is:
><http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/ssi.html>
-chuck
--