[MacPerl] Apple Events

Searching through my old messages from the mailing list, I found the
following tidbits:

At 3:24 PM 2/20/96, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>BTW, the Mac::AppleEvents shared library for PowerPC compiled yesterday, so
>at least PowerPC users should be able to handle arbitrary AppleEvents around
>the end of this month.

I want to use MacPerl to drive two other applications using AppleEvents.
Essentially, telling AOL to read my mail, having Perl clean it up so it
resembles real mail again and then either pass it directly to Eudora or
forward it via an SMTP mail server.

On AppleEvents:

My limited understanding suggests that the Dev:AEVT:FOOB format is
useful when MacPerl is responding to AppleEvents sent to it.

Will the new architecture allow for the generic handling - arbitrary
sending/receiving - of AppleEvents?

On Internet Config:

Is there a straightforward interface for communicating with Internet
Preferences or the IC Extension to extract preferences for various
internet servers?  (Other than directly accessing the relevant ICRP
resources.)

-Charles Albrecht
 charlesa@aol.net