[MacPerl] Recursive dir script

You might have thought this subject was dead, but these CD ROMS keep
throwing up unusual features!

On the cover disk of The MAC March 96 there is a curious file
(in the Demos:Bookends Pro 3.2 Demo folder) called  Shapiro, Neil L
which "get info" reveals to be a document of size zero K.

This file also fools my recursive dir scripts (and &find) because, apparently,
it appears to be a folder.

I am  beginning to wonder if I am going to have to use a hash or array to
keep track
of all directories previously visited, and avoid infinite loops that way?

Joel Feinstein
Nottingham, England