Re: [MacPerl] Extending MacPerl?

monnet@alpes-net.fr (Nicolas Monnet) writes:
>I'm interested in writing a set of GUI tools for MacPerl using MW's
>PowerPlant,

Good idea. I've thought of this myself. In fact, a true maniac could make the
whole PP library available to Perl for rapid PP prototyping, but I don't think
Metrowerks would be happy about it (Unless, of course, we donate the result to
Metrowerks for inclusion on CW).

>but I can't really find docs about writing extensions ... I

Look at the perlguts and perlapi manpages.

>thought that XS wasn't supported until I downloaded the "Toolbox" stuff of
>Neeri's FTP site...
>
>Matthias, is this extension experimental itself, or is it the extension
>(XS?) mechanism that's new? (sorry, I did'nt have time to hack it)

XS is not new, and the interface is not going to change without notice. the
toolbox libs are very new, though.

>You may think I'd rather ask Matthias directly instead of filling all those
>mailboxes. Well, I'd be interesting in knowing what you need as GUI
>components -- I'm not a Perl expert (I prefer TCL, actually).

PTk would be great, but I certainly lack the manpower to do it myself.

Matthias

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_