Re: [MacPerl] Tutor

>Hello all.
>
>I have a request.  I do not know "C" or "C++" and have been trying to learn
>PERL.  I have bought numerous books on the subject, but have not been able
>to fill in those key ideas that every book says, "like in C" to.  I would
>really appreciate if anyone knows how a non-programmer could delve into the
>world of PERL, please give me a clue.  I live in Chicago, so if anyone
>knows a tutor...that would be swell.
>
>Just to let you all know...I am a fairly math minded person trained in
>Philosophy, but never took a programming class.  <-  (my mistake!!)
>
>Please help me.
>

>                      _G__a__i__l___D__o__n__n__e__l__l__y_
>                                    donnelly@interaccess.com
>                                          gaild@xsite.net
>                                         gdonnell@iec.org
Hello,

You could try looking at these web sites with a browser. All of them offer a
tutorial introduction to Perl.

http://www.phlab.missouri.edu/perl/perlcourse.html
http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/~bex/tutor/index.html
http://agora.leeds.ac.uk/nik/Perl/start.html

Bob

          Bob Wilkinson, Perl Programmer, Pindar plc
Tel: +44 (0)1904 613040    Email: B.Wilkinson@pindar.co.uk
Fax: +44 (0)1904 613110    URL: http://www.connection.co.uk/~bob
    The views expressed herein are mine, and are not
          necessarily shared by my employer.