Re: [MacPerl] Do Script and dbm files

Bill Hoffman <bhoff@slip.net> writes:
>I want to send Do Script commands from AppleScript to access key/value
>pairs in a MacPerl dbm file. It appears that I have to explicitly open
>the dbm file each time I want access to it from a Do Script event [...]

>Looks like I can't, as the handle to the dbm file appears to exist only
>for the life of the script, not the life of the running MacPerl process.
>Can anyone confirm this for me, or correct me if I am wrong?"

This is correct. In MacPerl 5.1.0, this is solvable by keeping the script
running and installing a custom AppleEvent handler, but that's not mainstream
technology yet.

Matthias

-----
  "And that's why I am going to turn this world upside down, and make
   of it a fire so *bright* that someone real will notice"
                                -- Vernor Vinge, _Tatja Grimm's World_