Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl & Frontier

Peter.Chen@hochem.nl (Peter Chen) writes:
>What's the best way to integrate MacPerl and Frontier?  I have a FileMaker
>Pro 3.0 application that uses MacPerl as the calculation backend.  I would
>like to set up something so MacPerl can directly access the data in FM3.

Meanwhile, I think it might be worth giving direct AppleEvent access from
MacPerl a try. The code works well, and Bob Dalgleish has written good
documentation, too. If you can wait until next Monday, you should have a
prerelease of MacPerl in your hands that can do AppleEvents on both 68K
and PPC (This release, by the way, also supports running precompiled
AppleScripts and thus might also be fast enough for AppleScript).

Matthias

-----
 "Neeracher can and no doubt will perform the usual cheerleader duties."
              -- ataylor@nmsu.edu in <ATAYLOR.92Dec8135851@gauss.nmsu.edu>