[MacPerl] MacPerl & Frontier

What's the best way to integrate MacPerl and Frontier?  I have a FileMaker
Pro 3.0 application that uses MacPerl as the calculation backend.  I would
like to set up something so MacPerl can directly access the data in FM3.

Presently, I am exporting text files from FM3 as MacPerl's data source.  Is
there a better way of doing this?  I thought of using DoAppleScript.
However, using AppleScript to access the data is slow enough that it's
probably faster to continue export text files instead.  Frontier on the
other hand is much faster than AppleScript.  So ideally my problem can be
solved nicely by integrating MacPerl and Frontier.

Comments?  Opinions?  TIA.

Peter Chen
petechen@math.rutgers.edu