[MacPerl] Perl, some forms, my Mac & no server

still feeling somewhat out of my depth after having read the the Perl
ManPages, MacPerlFAQ, primer etc. aswell as some other docs linked to these
my last resort is to pick someones brains.

i need to write a few forms and scripts for later use on a unix server web
site but need to test everything on my mac and am having a few problems.
i've been testing the general operation of Perl with Meng Weng Wong's
'Generic Form' & 'generic.pl' & 'cgi-lib.pl' scripts and got some output
something of some sense but only to the 'MacPerl' window and not to where I
wanted it, my Netscape browser, and, i suppose obviously, there were no
enviroment variables set etc.

my main problem, apart from learning Perl using the perlmanpages ;-), is i
want my mac to be able to send form data to a script, have MacPerl process
it and send the results back to the browser but i don't seem to be able to
do this.

is it possible to acheive this with MacPerl?
do i need other software?
does my mac need to be set up as, or even simulate, a server?
will i have to test form/script performance over the net using the unix server?

anyone with any pointers, info, help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

matt