re: [MacPerl] Sockets

Anthony Eden <aeden@mail.vcn.net> writes:
} Anyone here dealt extensively with Internet sockets in MacPerl?  I am

Yeah, sure.

} trying to talk with a POP3 server and am experiencing problems.  We can
} either discuss this privately, or I can post code and explanations of the
} problems on this list.

Here's fine.  Let me guess, you're using a script that terminates lines
with \r\n.  That's wrong.  Change it to \015\012 (which is *not* the
same) and I'll bet it'll start working.  That's the almost always the
error made while using Internet protocols from MacPerl.

(I was glad to see that Graham Barr's new libnet release, which
includes Net::FTP and Net::SMTP, now terminates lines properly.
Unfortunately the IO:: stuff that it depends on is now partly written
in C.  Bummer.)

}
} Thanks in advance for any help...
}