Re: [MacPerl] Follow up--dropping files on runtime

In Regards to your letter <31D95777.74E8@uswest.com>:
> Is there a more convenient way to get a new volume to recognize the
> runtime rather rebuilding the desktop. While this fixes the problem,
> it isn't a very good solution for an application that needs to be able
> to be copied from computer to computer without a lot of tinkering.
>
> Any ideas?

If you copy the droplet via the Finder, then there should be no
trouble with the desktop being updated. I suspect that the problem
lies in MacPerl writing the droplet to a floppy. I am not sure,
but MacPerl may have to "unset" the "Init-ed" flag to get the
Finder to adjust the desktop on the new volume.

tim.

time@ice.com     <http://www.ice.com/>

USENET - a slow moving self parody... ph