[MacPerl] DynaLoader and CFM gobbets-o-code: How-To?

Since this is an ancient excerpt, here's a lot of context:

On Thu, 08 Feb 1996 01:20:48 +0100, Matthias wrote:
>>[...]
>What you're seeing here is the DynaLoader, an ultramodern Perl5 extension.
>GD is written in C. If you wanted to use something like this in Perl4, you
>had to statically link it into the Perl executable.
>
>With Perl5 however, the OS searches for a dynamic library containing the C
>code and executes the initialization routine. The exact mechanism for this
>is highly system dependent, even between different versions of Unix. Thus,
>there are about half a dozen DynaLoader variants, and it seems like your
>admin configured Perl to use none of them. Thus the above message. The
>situation for curses is exactly identical.
>
>What does all of this have to do with MacPerl? Well, DynaLoader actually has
>worked for me on the PPC in experimental setups. One of my higher priority
>tasks during the next months will be to turn this into an actual solid
>feature with the assistance of Tim Endres, who will take over the CFM-68K
>side of things.

How's that solid feature coming?  I see that there are a few CFM libraries
shipping with 5.1.x alphas in the spot where DynaLoader would look, and I'd
like to port some of the UNIX-side C extensions that I use (such as
UNIVERSAL) over to MacPerl.  Is there a doc that'll outline how to do it,
preferably with CW?

thanks,
-steve