Re: [MacPerl] lib paths

PVHP@LNS62.LNS.CORNELL.EDU writes:
}
} Did you place 'routines_I_needl.pl' in the 'MacPerl f:lib:' folder ?

It's not necessary if you've set up your library search path properly.
In fact, it's not a good idea because you have to remember to pull all
your stuff out of the lib folder before upgrading MacPerl.

}
} What I would like to know is - does "use" work? I seem to think it does not
} (though it has been a while since I have been able to test this.)

Of course it does.  Most of my scripts would break if it didn't.
libwww-perl-5 and Net::FTP both "use" modules, and I "use" them in my scripts.

} Also - do hierachical modules get imported when the parent is used? e.g.:
}
}  #!perl
}  use Foo;

This would look for Foo.pm in @INC, pull in whatever packages are
defined inside and import the names.  But you have to remember it's
"compile" time (equivalent to being done within a BEGIN block before
anything else is done) and not run time, so you can't change @INC
inside the script (which doesn't happen until run time).

}  $return0 = &Foo::Method();
}  $return1 = &Method();
}
} Should yield the same return values (note they are not necessarily new() object
} refs) - Shouldn't they?

Pretty sure they should, unless there's a name conflict.

}
} Peter Prymmer
} pvhp@lns62.lns.cornell.edu
---