Re: [MacPerl] Which Book ?....

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Terence Joseph Mallon wrote:
[snip]
> I am looking for a book to purchase on learning the Perl language but have
> not been able to find any locally. Which book would you recommend, why, and
> where can I purchase it via mail order and if at all possible how much.....
[snip]

I have the O'Reilly "Programming Perl" book by Wall & Schwartz.  It is great
as a reference, but not much of a tutorial, O'Reilly has another one that
is better suitted for that but I don't have it.  The one that I think
complements the prementioned 'Prog. Perl' is one called "Perl by Example"
by Ellie Quigley published by Prentice Hall PTR.

Good luck, and welcome to the wonderful world of Perl!

kenn