Re: [MacPerl] Which Book ?....

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Terence Joseph Mallon wrote:

> Can someone please help me.
>
> I am looking for a book to purchase on learning the Perl language but have
> not been able to find any locally. Which book would you recommend, why, and
> where can I purchase it via mail order and if at all possible how much.....
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try http://www.ora.com/ -- publishers of 'programming perl' and
'learning perl'. Or try your local branch of Dillons or Waterstones --
either of whom can order both books for you. 'Learning Perl' is a
good tutorial, while 'Programming Perl' is the definitive reference.
NB: There's a new expanded edition of PP due out at the end of this
month, so if you order it, stipulate 'second edition'.

Charlie Stross
fma Ltd
http://www.fma.com/